Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
Unlike fingernails, teeth are permanent. What you remove won’t grow back. The protective layer of enamel you’re chipping away at is limited. Once you break through it, the damage is done.
In short, yes. Orthodontics can help manage obstructive sleep apnea in adults and children in some cases.
Straight teeth matter because they provide more than a great smile. Teeth are like gears on a wheel. They are made to fit together in a certain way to do a certain job.