Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
Observational visits allow your orthodontist to keep an eye on how your child’s teeth, face and jaws are developing. These visits allow your orthodontist to monitor changes as your child grows.
Even if your front teeth are straight, there can be a problem with how all your teeth fit together – a problem that can be bad for your overall oral health.
An impacted tooth either has not come in when expected or a tooth that cannot erupt because it does not have room or may be coming in the wrong direction or position.