Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
Situations inevitably come up when you’re on the go and need to freshen up. Do your teeth a favor and be prepared with these six must-haves for cleaning teeth on the go.
Like traditional braces, clear aligners are designed to move teeth a little at a time. The aligners are plastic replicas of your teeth. Wearing them puts gentle pressure on the teeth, ever-so-slightly repositioning them.
The working theory is that dogs are attracted by the smell of the materials from which retainers are made, as well as saliva. With their powerful jaws, dogs can render retainers useless in no time.