Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
A referral from the dentist might not happen if the dentist isn’t evaluating the bite. AAO orthodontists don’t require a referral from a dentist.
Whether you call the process “braces,” “orthodontics,” or simply straightening your teeth, these 7 facts about orthodontics may surprise you.
Change can be predictable, like the annual transformation of leaves. We can expect changes in our bodies, too – especially our teeth.