Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
Two-phase treatment means that treatment is done at two different times, often to take advantage of predictable stages of dental development.
One appliance is not inherently better than another. What is used for an individual’s correction will be based on the goals of treatment, and the patient’s lifestyle needs.
On the surface the DIY treatment seemed to be a quick, easy and inexpensive approach to close a gap. Unfortunately, the DIY treatment resulted a long-term, difficult and costly fix.