AAO Services, Inc. grants the AAO Voluntary Certification Program® for orthodontic clinical assistants who demonstrate a high level of knowledge and proficiency. Staff members who meet the requirements of the program are recognized for their knowledge and experience by the designation Specialized Orthodontic Assistant® (SOA).
View AAO Voluntary Certification Program® participant testimonials.
AAO Voluntary Certification Program® Resources
- Program Handbook (.pdf download) – Learn about certification program criteria.
- Initial Application (.pdf download)
- AAO Voluntary Certification Program Experience in Orthodontic Assisting Form.pdf – Use in conjunction with the initial application (if needed).
- Renewal Application (.pdf download)
- Voluntary Certification Exam – Create an account here. If you do not receive your confirmation email, contact Barb Simon at the information below.
Contact Barb Simon at email@example.com or (314) 993-1700, ext. 588.