WINTER CONFERENCE 2021 | An in-depth look at Clear Aligner Treatment
with you in mind
As we prepare for Winter Conference 2021, we are working hard to create a safe, worry-free experience for you. Each of our in-person, virtual pass and digital experiences will enable you to grow through education and connections that are insightful, meaningful and actionable.
Creating a safe, worry-free meeting experience is our top priority.
The American Association of Orthodontists considers the safety of all those onsite at the 2021 Winter Conference as our top priority. Our safety precautions will continue to evolve along with national/state/local public health recommendations. While adhering to all public health recommendations, the AAO will be incorporating innovative features that further enhance the onsite experience and safety for everyone in attendance. Following are a few examples of the types of changes the AAO is making to keep all in-person attendees healthy and well:
Name Badges: Attendee and Exhibitor badges will be printed onsite using a contactless method.
Lanyards: In-Person Winter Conference attendees will have their choice of 3 lanyard colors indicating their personal preference for greetings:
- Green – I’m OK with hugs and high fives
- Yellow – I’m OK with talking but not touching
- Red – Hello! I am keeping my distance
- Any In-person attendee who would prefer a greater degree of social distancing by live-streaming the lectures to their personal device and watching from a location other than the General Session room, may do so by purchasing a “Virtual Pass.” The Virtual Pass may be purchased through the registration process for a small additional fee.
- If attendee temperature checks, social distancing, or any other precaution is required by any national / state / local agency, the AAO will be prepared and attendees agree to comply as necessary.
In partnership with the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa and in accordance with all current national / state / local restrictions, the AAO will be providing:
- Responsible food & beverage service for all meeting spaces, as required at the time of the conference;
- Appropriate Signage/floor decals to reinforce spatial distancing and other safety reminders;
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout the meeting space.
- JW Marriott Commitment to Clean
- Currently, masks are required in all indoor public areas of the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. Facemasks may be provided by a Winter Conference sponsor, but all attendees are encouraged to bring your own mask to the conference.
Personal Accountability Commitment: By attending the 2021 AAO Winter Conference in Palm Desert, CA, all attendees agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety-beneficial conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to restrictions set in place during the event that may include daily temperature checks, wearing a mask at all times in indoor public areas and engaging in appropriate physical distancing. Additionally, registrants agree to forgo attending the in-person event in the event they become ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.