To apply for AAO Student Membership, you must be enrolled or accepted in an ADA/CDA-accredited orthodontic program in the U.S. or Canada. You may also be eligible for Student Membership if you completed your orthodontic education and are enrolled in a postgraduate program at an ADA/CDA-accredited university or are engaged in formal fellowship training. In this case, please download the application
and return it by email, fax or mail with a letter from your program verifying your enrollment in the program and your expected date of completion.
- To apply for Student Membership complete an online application. A PDF application is also available; however, the online application is preferred.
- Student applications are processed upon receipt and applicants will be charged $30 for the first year’s dues.
- First-time applicants must be members in good standing of the American Dental Association (ADA). You will need your ADA number to complete your AAO application.
- If you are NOT a permanent U.S. resident, please download the application and return by email, fax or mail.
- The membership period runs June 1 through May 31.
- Student Members will automatically receive $100,000 of term life insurance, paid by AAO (U.S. residents only).
- AAO Student Members are eligible to continue their Student Memberships through May 31 of the year following their orthodontic residency program graduation.
- Following your transition to Active Member status, your member dues and assessments are discounted in each of the first four years:
- 90% discount during the first year of Active Membership
- 75% discount during the second year
- 50% discount during the third year
- 25% discount during the fourth year
For more information contact AAO Member Services at email@example.com