WHERE: Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
WHEN: Thursday, February 9, the day before the AAO Winter Conference, “Technology: Balancing Profit, Lifestyle and Patient Care”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The Application deadline was September 15, 2016.
The conference will be limited to 75 emerging AAO leaders from the following categories:
Who is eligible to attend the Emerging Leaders Conference?
- 2nd and 3rd year residents (must be an AAO member)
- Members in practice for 10 years or less, who are not/have not been involved in AAO volunteer leadership
- Members in practice for more than 10 years, who are not/have not been involved in AAO volunteer leadership
What will I get out of the conference?
- Skills and encouragement to seek volunteer involvement with the AAO at the local, regional or national levels;
- An understanding of how to apply leadership concepts that can help you think strategically and tactically now and throughout your career;
- The opportunity to discuss AAO critical issues and have input as to direction and priorities of the association;
- Knowledge of AAO consumer marketing initiatives and the opportunity to provide input to help promote the My Life. My Smile. My Orthodontist.® brand;
- Knowledge of membership communication and outreach tools and the opportunity to provide input to help the AAO leadership better understand how to best engage members;
- Connections with peers and association leaders for the development of lifetime professional relationships;
- An understanding of how to transform practice and association strategic vision, structure and governance, capabilities, talent development, and operational execution to become more socially enabled;
- Attendees will be able to take these leadership tools and use them in their private practice.
- View a video recap of the 2015 Emerging Leaders Conference.
Learn about our keynote speaker, Andrew Miller.
Who will be speaking at the conference?
Most travel, hotel, meals and program costs will be covered by the AAO*, including the following:
What is the cost of attending?
* Note: Emerging Leaders Conference participants who stay for the AAO Winter Conference are responsible for paying the Winter Conference registration fee.
- Two night’s hotel accommodations; Arrive on February 8 and depart on February 10, unless you decide to stay for the Winter Conference. Cost for hotel in excess of two nights is the responsibility of the individual;
- Roundtrip airfare up to $400; Any $ amount over that is the responsibility of the individual;
- All meals associated with the Emerging Leaders Conference will be covered.