AAO Engages Consumers with Fashion-Themed PR Event
Nearly 450 guests experienced the AAO’s inaugural Pop Up Fashion event, “Your Smile is Your Best Fashion Accessory, TM
” held on September 7, the eve of New York’s Fashion Week.
Event attendees experienced free orthodontic consultations, fashion tips with Tai Beauchamp, InStyle magazine’s fashion trend expert, the chance to get their picture snapped with the NBA Trophy courtesy of Shock Doctor, smile imaging with Invisalign, and hand massages courtesy of retailer Jo Malone. Guests received swag bags filled with chocolates, whimsical nose coasters from partner Wild Smiles, toothpaste, floss, mints and compact mirrors. New York orthodontist Dr. Christina Carter (president of the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists) kept the center stage action flowing all evening, serving as event emcee.
“This is exactly why I came here today, to find out if my smile is fixable,” said one attendee after receiving a free orthodontic consultation. “I was told by my dentist to visit an orthodontist but I never took the time, so that’s why I’m here tonight.”
The event received national attention via InStyle and was broadcast live on You Tube via mylifemysmile.org, social media and an event app. Attendees representing blogs and other media outlets such as Type 4 Naturals and Feral Creature also promoted the event on social media. Several stories promoting the event ran on local New York City television stations.
Interested in feeling the event’s vibe? Click here to view a video.
Your Smile is Your Best Fashion Accessory™ from AAOinfo on Vimeo.
Following are event highlights:
- Total attendance: 474, including 20 AAO members and 19 reporters/bloggers
- 15 AAO members provided complimentary orthodontic consultations
- Nearly half of attendees heard about the event via New York Fashion Week online (nyfw.com), which listed the event on the official schedule.
- Mylifemysmile.org: 4,075 visitors worldwide went to the fashion event microsite at mylifemysmile.org during the month prior to the event (Aug 8-Sept 7, 2016). Of this number, 1,224 were on the microsite site during the week prior to/day of the event (Aug 31-Sept 7, 2016).
- Social media
- Twitter: From 1pm on Sept 7 to 1pm Sept 8, AAO tweets earned 4,686 impressions
- Live stream of the event via mylifemysmile.org on Facebook reached 153 people;
- Posts during the event reached 1,471 people
- Throughout the day of the event, Facebook posts reached 3,300 people.
- Social media support of the event was also provided by:
- Shock Doctor
- Shops at Columbus Circle
- Tai Beauchamp
- InStyle Magazine