The AAO and the AAO Foundation (AAOF) have collaborated to support fellowship awards and grant programs for orthodontic residents, students and junior faculty at accredited graduate orthodontic residency programs.
AAOF Awards Chart (All AAOF award applications DUE by November 16, 2018)
Full-Time Faculty Fellowship Award Program
(All FFT application materials DUE February 1, 2019)
- 2018-2019 Full-Time Faculty Fellowship Guidelines
- 2018-2019 Full-Time Faculty Fellowship Application
Craniofacial Anomalies and Special Care Training Award Program
(All application materials DUE February 1, 2019)
- 2018-2019 Craniofacial Guidelines
- 2018-2019 Craniofacial Application
AAL - Institute for Teaching and Learning Fellowships (ITL)
(Program Dates: August 19 - 22, 2019 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm each day. Location: Houston, TX)
- 2019 AAL ITL Guidelines
- 2019 AAL ITL Application (All application materials DUE by February 1, 2019)
Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program (CAAMP) Fellowships
(Program Dates: July 29 - 31, 2019 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily. Location: Atlanta, GA)
Previous AAO scholarship recipients to the Institute for Teaching and Learning had this to say:
This is an essential course for all educators. I wish I had taken it 10 years ago!
- Dr. Sneha Oberoi, Associate Professor, Orthodontics, University of California, San Francisco
I recommend this program to everyone who is starting to teach and is genuinely committed to dental education. It covers all the basic concepts of teaching in a very friendly and social setting. It’s a great opportunity to meet with colleagues and start networking as well.
- Dr. Sercan Akyalcin, Program Director, Division of Orthodontics, Tufts University