No matter which stage your career is in, the challenges and intricacies of an orthodontic practice transition can be daunting. This full-day program will address your questions, concerns and uncertainties from all angles. Join expert orthodontic consultants Ken Alexander, Doug Copple, Shannon Patterson and Dr. Laurance Jerrold as they share their unique approaches to practice transition. New in 2018, the Seminar will also offer invaluable insights from DSO (dental support organization) executives and experts through an interactive panel discussion. Topics to be addressed are:
- Understanding Orthodontic Transitions: Value, Pitfalls and Associations – Ken Alexander
- DSO Panel Discussion – Representatives from DSOs Pacific Dental Services and Smile Brands to be joined by industry consultant Roger Hill
- Compensation Expectations during Career Transitions: Associates, Buyers and Sellers – Doug Copple and Shannon Patterson
- C.A.D.E.T. (Coverage Agreements for Death/Disability/Displacement in Emergency Transitions) – Dr. Laurance Jerrold
You will also have the opportunity to learn from these individuals during a roundtable luncheon, as well as an interactive Q&A panel discussion. Complete the day by attending the networking cocktail reception, sponsored by Ziegler Practice Transitions.
Attendees of this program will be able to:
- Identify the value, hidden costs and pitfalls of an orthodontic practice transition;
- Discuss the varying models of DSOs and the opportunities they offer to transitioning orthodontists;
- Discuss compensation and benefits for orthodontists in today’s marketplace;
- Explain the legal requirements for orthodontic practice transitions in emergency situations.
Don’t miss this dynamic one-of-a-kind event, held in conjunction with the AAO Annual Session in Washington, D.C.! The Seminar begins with breakfast at 8:00 a.m., includes lunch and ends with a reception from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tickets are $60 for residents and $125 for orthodontists, which can be purchased through Annual Session registration