Callers who are experiencing problems with third-party payers and carriers may call the Helpdesk staff at (800) 424-2841 x582.
Examples of payer issues to report are:
- Payment Denial/Pre-Treatment Authorization Denial
- No Direct Pay to Non-Participating Provider
- Benefit Denial
- Delay in Payment(s)
- Change in Code to Less Complex or Less Expensive Procedure
- Combined Procedure(s) Resulting in Lower Benefit
- Problems With/Lack of Coordination of Benefits
- Requests for Additional Treatment Information/Records
- Loss of Patient Claims or Additional Treatment Information
For help with payer issues you may also contact Ann Sebaugh at (800) 424-2841 x582.
AAO Member Third-Party Payer Complaint Form
The AAO’s Third-Party Payer Complaint Form has been developed for members who are experiencing problems with third-party payers and carriers that cannot be easily resolved by working with the AAO Dental Benefits Advisory Service staff.